Antipasto-Style Penne

If you prefer crispy prosciutto, spread it out on a baking sheet and broil 4 minutes.

Antipasto-Style Penne

• 1 medium red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
  • 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
  • 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
  • 1 (7-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained and chopped
  • 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (about 2 cups)
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted

1. Preheat broiler.

2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel and chop bell pepper; place in a large bowl. Stir in olives, pesto, prosciutto, tomatoes, and artichokes.

3. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to bell pepper mixture, and toss gently to combine. Spoon about 1 cup pasta mixture into each of 6 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons remaining cheese and 2 teaspoons pine nuts.

Yield:  6 servings

CALORIES 404 ; FAT 21.3g (sat 4.4g,mono 10.6g,poly 4.4g); CHOLESTEROL 21mg; CALCIUM 162mg; CARBOHYDRATE 39.9g; SODIUM 764mg; PROTEIN 16.5g; FIBER 4.3g; IRON 2.9mg

Old WWPs 9 / New WWPP 11

Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2009

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

1 ping

1. Karen says:

I think the time change this way is easier too. But, I am a morning person so up early already. I suspect my teen would say this is much harder!

2. Dawn Hutchins says:

Great idea for an open faced omelet Tami…it sort of looks like a pizza. I like the review of the ravioli. I actually might consider buying it if I was having a hankering.
    As for bettering my health this week I’m trying to really focus on when I’m full rather than just eating everything on my plate or eatintg when I’m bored.

3. Jan says:

The omelete is PERFECT for my no sugar/starch/grain way of eating that I have embraced. Plus, I am a horrid omelet turner. 🙂 I plan to buy the ingredients tonight and try this out! Thanks.

Since I use eTools to do my points tracker, I discovered that 3/4 an ounce of cheese is the same points as 1/2 an ounce – 2 points!

It doesn’t jump to three points until you hit an ounce. And you know I am a cheese whore! 😀

Biz that is awesome information about the cheese, thanks for sharing that tip!

5. Marisa @ Loser for Life says:

I love making open-faced omelets! So much easier than trying to flip that sucker! I always make a huge mess!

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but that WW ravioli meal looks GOOD! <— Don't tell my Gram I said that 😉

Thank you for submitting your delicious recipe to BSI this week! It was so hard to choose a winner… I hate doing that when everyone's recipe looks so good!!!! 🙁

Marisa, don’t tell Grams but it tasted really good!

Awesome breakfast! Finely grating cheese makes a small amount seem like sooo much more!

Glad you enjoyed your WW meals!

I saw your BSI entry. It looked great. I always want to participate in the BSI, but things always come up. I’m determined to participate soon!

Glad you are feeling better! Hope you’ll be 100% soon!

I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

I love the time change, but it does get my schedule out of sorts for a bit. I’m one of those people whose internal clock is affected by daylight, and having it for longer waking periods pushes my meals and bedtime back. Rough for a morning person. 🙂

8. Judi says:

Hi, Tami! Love your idea for the omelet. I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve never tried kale. Guess it’s on the shopping list this week!
    The only thing about the time change I don’t like is changing all the clocks…I didn’t realize how many we have until time to change them all!
    Glad you’re feeling better. That crud is going around here too, but thankfully it hasn’t hit our house (knock on wood).

Nice looking recipe Tami! I’m another one who has never tried Kale.I love grating Asiago cheese…such nice flavor for such a little bit!

For some reason with the time change I am sleeping in…never happened to me before! Guess I’m getting older!:)

This week, to better my health I am going to start my walking again..all the ice & snow are gone! Still doing well on the new PointsPlus!

Enjoy your walks again Carol! I had hopes of walks this week but this rain is getting in my way!

10. Roz says:

Love the idea of an open faced omlette! SO glad you are on the mend, folks here are dropping like flies and it’s nasty. Take care.

I had to laugh at your comment “people are dropping like flies!” Sad but true! I hope you and your family don’t get sick.

Thanks Tami!!

The Weight Watchers corporation would do well to hire you to design and present their food items!

12. Kristi Rimkus says:

Great tip for finely shredding cheese. I’ll be doing that from now on. I like the presentation of this omelette better, don’t you?

Kristi

I do think they look better as opened face!

13. renee@mykitchenadventures says:

I also like guyere cheese…so expensive though! there is one place near me, that I can get it cheaper though…I LOVE it in mac and cheese, and it is a natural with eggs..you are so right! the open faced omelet looks wonderful and I bet it tasted even better!!

come and play BSI this week too! I am hosting!

Thanks for the invite to this weeks BSI. If time allows I will participate. I am busy doing a bunch of work behind the scenes to upgrade my blog and it is taking a long time! Have a lovely day!

1. First Healthy Food Finds for 2013 » Nutmeg Notebook says:

[…] and I stocked up on frozen goodies like this. Thaw these out and use them in pasta dishes like this Antipasto-Style Penne, or Homemade Healthy Pizzas, salads or my favorite Perfect Spinach Artichoke […]