Drum Roll Please! I have two announcements to make!

First announcement, I did it! I finally got back to my Weight Watcher goal weight. I weighed in this morning and was so happy to see 10 pounds gone! When I originally got to my goal weight of 140 I continued to lose weight during the 6 weeks of maintenance and got down even lower and at one point I got down to 126! I don’t plan on weighing that again so somewhere between 130 – 140 will be great. I will know it when I get there. I am now setting a new goal for another 5 pounds! Okay, so I couldn’t hold the camera and take the picture because the weight of the camera took me over 140! I had to rig up a little tripod for the camera and so it was a weird angle and way too close up. Well, you get the idea. Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Everyone stand up and join me doing a Happy Dance! It burns calories and it makes you smile!

It feels really good to see that number. I played “dress up” in my closet to see what I can fit into. I found a few more things to add to my wear pile. That was fun and encouraging but it also hit me that I don’t like a lot of my clothes. I think I am ready for a different style. I don’t know, maybe it is just that itch to wear different clothes because warm weather is almost here. I feel a shopping spree is going to be needed real soon.

My daughter Katy is my own personal shopper and she has awesome taste and she will be completely honest with me when we clothes shop. She says that she saves me from myself! She absolutely does not want me to dress like an “old lady.” Katy does a good job of picking out things that are age appropriate, flattering but still very stylish!

I have to take advantage of shopping with her while I can because the second announcement is;

Katy has been accepted in the study abroad program for Spain! We are so excited for her. She has completed her bachelors in English and the program in Spain will allow her to finish her bachelors in Spanish. After her ten months in Spain she will return to CA and work on her teaching credential. She wants to teach at a high school and she will be an awesome teacher. We have to get up before the chickens tomorrow morning as we have a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to her 8:30 AM study abroad orientation. I do believe hubby and I will be traveling to Spain sometime next year! We have so many things to look forward to and so many things on our to do list between now and August.

That is all the joy and excitement I can handle for one day!

1. Barbo says:

Wheeeee Way to go Tami. I love your red toe 140 red toe.
    Great job. Feels so good. You did it. You are a winner.

Good going for DS for schooling in Madrid. She will have
    lifelong memories of this exciting time.

Love you blog

Barbo

2. tj says:

HAPPY DANCING!!! Congrats on the great weigh in! :) WHOOHOOO!

Cute toes too! :) hehe

3. Kristina says:

Congratulations on both!!!! Id love to see a number on my scale like that one (someday I will)! And its awesome about your daughter. We can NEVER be too proud of our girls can we? My cousin Lisa did the same thing she is doing and she now teaches locally and LOVES it! thank you for following my blog. i follow yours too, but I cant get it to show on my blogroll for some reason……..ill figure it out! lol have a great weekend

4. Beth Lamb says:

Congratulations! I can feel your excitement and you have truly earned those results.

5. Diane Fit to the Finish says:

Congratulations to you! I know how excited you are for your loss and your daughter’s achievement. That’s wonderful!

6. LAF says:

Great job on your weight-loss! This is so wonderful, you definitely need a shopping spree.
    Congrats to your daughter as well.

7. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Congratulations! You’re doing great. Styles/personalities change. Have fun.

8. Dawne says:

How exciting!!!! Way to go. I know that it is much harder to lose when you have so little to lose. You have fought for every pound. Congrats Tami!

9. Melissa says:

Congrats to you. That is fantastic!!

Congrats to Katy on the abroad program. :)

10. janine says:

I’m so happy for you, Tami. Couldn’t be more pleased. You ought to frame that photo, and keep it in a place of honor!
    I’ll happy dance with you–need to burn the calories. Way to go to Katy too. What a wonderful double celebration.
    You’ve worked hard for everyone else–time to get some new nice clothes.

Congratulations Tami! You did well!

And congratulations to Katy! A friend of ours toured Spain & she loved the whole country!

Will catch up on your blog when I get used to being home again. Miss the grandkids but love being home.

12. Kat says:

Congratulations Tami! This is very exciting to be at your goal or very near it!

And congratulations to Katy too! What a wonderful adventure that will be!

13. fittingbackin says:

WOW congratulations on the awesome 10 pounds!! I hear you – you’ll know when you get there – i Like that attitude! Best of luck on this next 5-pound goal and SO COOL for Katy – what an awesome opportunity!

14. Lisa says:

WHOOHOO!!!!! That is great :)

15. WaistingTime says:

Good for you! I am a WW dropout:( I reached goal with them several years ago and stopped going and stopped counting points so started gaining. Sigh. One more chapter in my yo-yo saga.

16. Weight Watcher Wannabe says: