Munching on Puffins

Since I got my Invisalign Aligners invisible braces my snacking has come to an abrupt end. It is a good thing, I am not complaining. When I was snacking, one of my favorite movie snacks was a bowl of Puffins cereal. I like to combine two flavors for variety. They are little crunchy squares of goodness. High fiber, low fat  and no artificial ingredients. Since they are low in sugar and high in fiber they don’t mess with my blood sugar or cause cravings for more carbs.You can easily measure them out and place in baggies to carry in your purse (I do sneak my snacks into the movie theater).  If desired, add a little air popped popcorn, dried fruit or a few natural almonds for a trail mix style nutritional snack.

We always take a couple boxes of Puffins with us for long distance road trips. I have a plastic container that holds one serving so measuring on the road is no problem. Puffins are good for breakfast with milk or yogurt too. You can find them in the health food section of your grocery store or at Trader Joes.

I will be posting about vacation food strategies in the coming weeks. We will be going on a road trip this summer.  I have had great success in staying on my healthy food plan while traveling and I will share my tried and true tips!

Today I’m having lunch with a girlfriend. We are going to Olive Garden and it is easy to eat a light lunch there. We usually go walking after lunch but it is raining here today so I am not sure what we will do. Of course we could always go to the mall and walk around there. I did my weight work out this morning. Hubby showed me a couple new exercises to do for the back of my upper arms. Bye -bye bat wings! It will soon be warm enough to wear sleeveless tops!

Do you wear sleeveless tops?     What do you like to snack on?

1. Leslie says:

I love Puffins, but I can eat the whole box on a hungry day! It’s so nutritious that it is a great snack. My 26 year old Peace Corps daughter loves these and had me bring some to her when we visited!

By the way, Tami, thank you for your comment yesterday about the saltines. I didn’t realize or even think of the face that they act like simple sugar in the body. IT was helpful for me to read that because it’s clear that sugar is really at the core of my food issues.

I really enjoy your blog and its (your) peaceful style.

That is pretty neat that your daughter is in the peace corps. You are welcome for the saltines info.

Thank you for the nice compliment.

2. LAF says:

I sneak healthy snacks into the theater too. Whatever helps me avoid the popcorn since I love it!
    Bringing cereal to munch on a road trip is a great idea.

I think a lot of us take our own snacks in to movies. It is healthier and a whole lot cheaper.

3. Marisa (Loser for Life) says:

I love Puffins! The original is my favorite. I always have a box of them in my pantry!

No sleeveless shirts for me :(

I like to combine the cinnamon and the original together. YUM!

4. Mary says:

I have never tried Puffins….I will definitely give them a try.
    I wear sleeveless shirts when I am home and working in my yard, but do not wear them out. Plain and simple….they are just not flattering to me.
    I’ll look forward to hearing about your road trip.

Hi Mary. It gets pretty warm here so sleeveless tops are a must in the summer.

Our road trip isn’t until the last week of June first week of July but I am starting to think about it already.

5. Lisa says:

When I lost all my weight…before the REGAIN…I loved wearing sleeveless shirts. All of my training made my arms look great. Now that I’m heavier…I am not looking forward to the sleeveless top season…

Hey I bet your arms will look awesome in no time with all the working out you do!

6. tj says:

mmm puffins! I dont eat cereal w/ milk I eat it as a snack adn these are perfect lil puffs of goodness! :) I like the trail mix idea- I will have to do that!! :)

7. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

I snack on-I think we’ve touched on this before you and I-brie and wasa crackers with grapes or an apple or pear. Or a piece of WW toast or frozen grapes or raw veggies.

I don’t think you and I have had the snacking conversation. I would have remembered the brie and wasa crackers,oh yum!

The only time I tried Puffins was years ago when Barbo sent some here to Canada…loved them!!

BIG NO on sleeveless tops…weight gain & aging wasn’t kind to my arms! Thinking it is too late for exercises to firm up!

Favorite snack for me is dried plums and walnuts or LF cheese & baked vegetable thins. the brie & crackers sounds delicious & might be my snack tonight.

Carol your snacks sounds heavenly! It’s never too late for strength training and firming.