100th Post Coming To You From Anaheim

I can’t believe that this is my 100th post already! How have I come up with something to write about 100 times? Do I have enough to say that others will find interesting for another 100 posts? Blogger’s do you every ask yourself those questions? Actually I have a back log of topics and recipes that I want to post about. I just sometimes wonder if they will appeal to anyone else. Blogging has turned out to be such a cathartic way to express myself and I will just keeping taking the plunge and posting what is on my mind. Thank you to everyone for reading the blog and posting comments.

The Internet here at the hotel seems to be working faster now so I am going to attempt to post some photos that I could not post earlier. I had a wonderful walk yesterday morning and I enjoyed the palm tree lined sidewalks everywhere I walked.

This photo was taken the first night we were here and went for a walk after dinner.

Friday I met Janine in person. She is one of my Internet friends who happens to live down here.We have both posted on the same message board for years and felt like we already knew each other pretty well. She came to the hotel and we went for a nice walk to Downtown Disney before having lunch at Mimi’s. We had salmon and vegetables that tasted so good. The conversation flowed easy with her and we discovered that we have much more in common and are indeed kindred spirits. Janine was beautiful, bubbly, funny and so easy to spend time with. We found a Costco and enjoyed walking through and looking at dishes, cookbooks and of course food! Thanks for a fun day Janine! I love how the internet allows us to connect with people who we other wise would never have met.

Janine was a good sport and helped me plow through a display of fresh fruit bowls to find one with a good expiration date that I could keep in the hotel room refrigerator. I miss fresh fruit when I travel and have to eat out every day.

I also brought along some foods to have for breakfast and to snack on if needed since our meals here are not always on time.

Last night was a group dinner out and the food was outstanding. Tom had salmon and I had chicken with a parsnip puree. Miniature desserts were served with 3 on a plate. One of them was chocolate so I had part of that one and it was like a little mini chocolate cake just a bit bigger than a mini muffin – the perfect size. I might be eating a few more calories than I do at home but it all balances out because I am walking miles and miles every day here.

I went to the convention today and met some new people as well as reconnecting with some old business friends of hubby Tom’s.  Hubby and I thought we were going to have lunch together but he kept getting busy and eventually we decided that I should leave and get something to eat myself. I was tired so I decided to walk back to the hotel and just have a bagel thin and fruit but when I got here they were just getting ready to clean my room. I was so ready to sit down after walking for the past 4 hours on the convention floor so I walked and got our car and decided to drive and find some lunch. I spotted a Subway and got a turkey on wheat and was quite happy with my choice. When I got back to the hotel I parked the car, made the hike to our second story room and discovered my room key wouldn’t work so I had to hike it back to the lobby which is about a block away and get a new key made. I really just wanted to sit down and rest my feet! It is kind of funny now but I was not amused at the time! I am lounging on my hotel bed and enjoying the quiet while I blog. I figure I burned a bunch of extra calories today with all of my walking.

Tonight we  are having dinner with a business friend we have known since we were first married and living in the Midwest. That would be about 30 years ago!  It will be nice to catch up on his life and hear about his family. The convention is only open for half a day tomorrow and then we will be heading back home. After not cooking for a few days I am ready for a home cooked meal.

Have you made friends through the internet and then had the chance to meet them?

Walking, eating mindfully and enjoying the sights.

1. Lisa says:

What great pictures. You look amazing!!! I havnen’t met anyone from the internet. Knowing my crazy luck I would meet up with a grizzly bear looking man who posed as a woman on a blog…lol.

LOL, you are so funny!

2. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Congrats on the 100th! I have met several bloggers, because I went to fitbloggin. They are really a fun bunch of people, and I love that I get to meet and talk with them all the time!

I want to attend one of the blogging events eventually. I think it would be so much fun!

Tami, what a beautiful picture of you & Janine!! I hope you don’t mind but I saved it for my picture folder! You should post it on my board…the girls would love to see the 2 of you!
    I think you are doing great with all of your walking and I’ll bet you see a nice number on your scale.
    As for meeting internet friends…well since 1996 I have made many friends that I am still in touch with. Barbo was the first & we are still friends…i mentioned that she visited us.

Congrats on your 100th post!
    I look forward to your blogging and of course all the recipes! BTW…I made the pierogi casserole & it was a big hit!I hope to make your fried rice while Scott & family are here.

I am glad you enjoyed the pierogi casserole. I think it is so neat that Barbo went to Canada to visit you after becoming friends on the web!

4. Janine says:

Hey Tami–you were supposed to make me look 20 pounds thinner!
    Seriously–I loved meeting you. I had a great time yesterday.
    I think if I were as tired from all that walking, I would have just plopped down in the room and let them clean around me. You would also not have been locked out that way :-) All’s well that ends well–and I wish you a pleasant and easy commute home tomorrow. I also want to give you a big high 5 on all the healthy choices you’ve been making on your food plan.

Hey Janine I think we look pretty good after all the walking we did! It was great fun and I hope we get to do it again next year!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

5. Genie@dietof51 says:

Congrats on 100! I hit 50 yesterday. Hard to believe. Too much fun.

Haven’t met anyone from the Internet yet. I think it would be fun, though. You and Janine do look like kindred spirits. A tribute to all of the “pen pals” we never met in our youth.

The only time I was in Anaheim, it was for a business trip–the first one I took after having my son–so I know it was 16 years ago. I was a little freaked about leaving the baby, plus Anaheim was kind of gloomy. You’re making it look a lot better with your photography. A whole lot better.

Have a big finish to the trip! Happy 100th!

(I’m going to try to beat the CAPTCHA without making a fool out of myself.)

I think it depends where you are at in Anaheim Genie. I saw some parts when I was driving that don’t look like the properties around Disney Land!

It starts out kind of foggy and cloudy early in the morning and then that burns off, the sun comes out and it is beautiful!

Congrats to you, you beat the captcha this time!

6. Mary says:

I love your photos! It sure looks like you were having a grand time. It is amazing that you have hit 100 posts. I think people will always be interested in what you have to say…so please keep blogging!

I met a man from the internet 11 years ago and it did NOT turn out well. I tell everyone just to trust their instincts (I ignored mine).

Mary I think you have a story to tell us about the guy you met! I love your writing and I do want to hear more…

7. tj says:

Blogging time flies! I know I have posts where I am less than interesting but still I ramble away! lol Looks like a fun trip- and look at all of those healthy goodies you brought along! YOU GO GIRL!! :)

Thanks TJ!

8. WaistingTime says:

Congratulations on your 100th post! I, like you, have tons of ideas for future posts but still wonder about the day I run out of things to say.

I am making a list as I think of things to post about. I am sure that life will give us blog topics as things roll along!

9. Diane Fit to the Finish says:

Congratulations on your 100th post! It does go by fast doesn’t it?

How fun that you got to meet an internet friend. That is very special.

Have a great trip!

Yes Diane it has gone by fast!

10. Kim says:

Wow, beautiful pictures and I’m so jealous you actually got to meet one of your friends from the web. I’d love to meet some bloggers I’ve been chatting with for a long time now. I am one of the only bloggers I know of that lives in NC though. (sigh) I know a few scattered amongst Tennesee and that’s about it for the southeast area. So, I’m happy for you. :) Also, YES, I think you have plenty of interesting stuff to blog about. I’m sorry I haven’t been making it over much lately…stress and I follow so many blogs now it’s hard to keep up. lol. I leave comments on a handful a day and try to make sure they’re all different ones….there’s just so many awesome blogs out there huh? lol I love your blog personally and I think it’s one of the nicest blogs I’ve seen. You are also super sweet, make awesome recipes, and take beautiful pictures. I’ll keep coming back for sure. :)

11. Kat says:

100 posts!! Congrats. I am so glad to be able to read your blog -it has become one of my favorites. Here’s to the next 100!