It seems everyone else in the house is busy doing their own thing and I have a little extra time for blogging. S-h-h-h don’t tell because if they know, surely someone will need me to do something for them! I am not kidding it seems as soon as I sit down to write a post the phone rings, the door bell rings, or someone needs me to help them find something they have missed placed! What is up with that?
I was awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award last week by two other bloggers. Karen from Wasting Time and Deb from Deb Will Be Free both awarded me this honor! Thank you blog buddies! Be sure to check out their blogs. I think you will enjoy their topics!
These things always come with rules and I am to tell you seven things about myself that you don’t know.
1. I love red shoes and red cars. I wonder what that says about my personality?
2. I am the only girl in a family of 4 children. I was blessed with three brothers who kept me on my toes growing up. They have all turned out to be really nice guys and I no longer want to trade them in for sisters!
3. I have auburn colored hair and I have never dyed my hair or had it highlighted.
4. I like to dance in the kitchen with my 2o year old son but don’t tell his friends.
5. Entertaining makes me a nervous wreck. I believe I am a good cook so I don’t understand my reaction. I fret about what to make, will it be enough, will it turn out, will they like what I cook?! I make myself and my family a little crazy in the process.
6. I love to wear skirts and dresses, dressing like a lady is just so much fun!
7. When we get our kids through college I would like to travel. We have not explored the East coast and I would like to go back to Europe.
The other rule attached to this award is to award it to other bloggers. Well I don’t know how to even begin to choose as you see the blog roll to the right is rather full. I like all of these bloggers and hope you will check out their blogs if you have not already done so.
Last but not least I have to share this recipe!
Salmon is one of my favorite fish to fix at home. The trick is to not overcook it. Remember that it continues to cook for a few minutes after you take it out of the pan or off the heat so remove it while it is still a little under cooked and it will be perfect. You can always cook it a little longer if it is too under done but if you over cook it you are just out of luck. I also like to buy individually wrapped and frozen salmon fillets. They thaw out quickly and I can keep them on hand for a quick and easy meal.
I made this salmon recipe the other night and I had forgotten how good it is. It is an unusual mix of ingredients but they work so well together. Make some brown rice and a green vegetable to round out the meal. This is perfection!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 pound salmon fillets
Sauté garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except salon and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add salmon to pan, reduce heat to low, spoon sauce over top and cover until salmon is flaky, about 8 minutes depending on how thick the fillets are.
Pour remaining sauce over salmon and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings (my serving size)
Per Serving @ 4 Servings: 187 Calories; 6g Fat (32.7% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 381mg Sodium. Old WWP 4 / New WWPP 4
Yield: 2 Servings (Hubby Tom’s serving size)
Per Serving @ 2 servings: 374 Calories; 12g Fat (32.7% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 763mg Sodium. Old WWP 8 / NewWWPP 8
Recipe and nutritional information updated 3/25/11
Recipe adapted from The Spice Hunter
Do you have a set time and place that you work on your blog posts?