My family likes pumpkin pie and they expect to have one on Thanksgiving and Christmas! I have been making this recipe for over 10 years and we love it! It couldn’t be easier and yes, I do cheat and use a store bought crust. This is not a low sugar recipe but it is lower in fat but you would never know it as it tastes as rich and delicious as it’s full fat cousin! This photo is from last Thanksgiving. It really is the best reduced fat pumpkin pie!
I whip real cream and have a little dollop on my slice with some freshly grated nutmeg. This is a special treat!
The Best Reduced Fat Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9″ unbaked pie shell
- 1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 – 14 ounce Eagle Brand Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 egg whites
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine all the rest of the ingredients, stir until combined. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 25 – 30 minutes longer. Cool. Cut into 8 servings.
Yield: 8 Servings
Per Serving: 271 Calories; 7g Fat (22.7% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 197mg Sodium.
Old WWP 6 / New WWPP 7
Adapted from the Borden Eagle Brand Web Site.
Recipe updated 4/1/11
THE HOT 100 CHALLENGE WEEK 5 UPDATE!
MY HOT 100 CHALLENGE GOALS
1. Work out with weights 3 times a week concentrating on upper arms.
2. Eat 3 fish meals a week with a focus on getting Omega 3′s.
3. Take vitamins and supplements every day as recommended by my doctor.
1. I tanked! I only got in one work out. I know, can you believe it?
2. I tanked at this one too! Yep, after 6 fish meals last week I wasn’t feeling fishy at all this week and only had fish twice!
3. I did it! Thank goodness I did something well this week! Yep, every day I took my vitamins.
I was a little off my game this week and clearly I was not focusing on the Hot 100 Challenge Goals! Well I am just going to roll with it as that is how life goes. Sometimes we are completely present and accounted for and other times we stray a little off course. I will aim for better results next week. If I had not set the original goals I might not have achieved any progress in these areas at all this week so I still consider it a success!
We are off to a Church Halloween party and yes, I am pre -eating my dinner as I don’t want hot dogs and chips! I like pumpkin pie and apple pie. I only have a slice of pie a couple times a year, but I enjoy every bite!
Please Leave A Comment!
What is your favorite kind of pie?