Granny Smith apples and fresh cranberries tossed with some sugar and lemon juice, then topped with a combination of whole wheat flour, oats, a little brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and real Maple syrup. All baked until hot and bubbly. Served warm with a scoop of low fat ice cream. What a perfect ending to a winter meal.
Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 1.5 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar (if you use a sweeter apple use less sugar, the Granny Smith are very tart)
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons Real Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 7 x 11 inch baking dish with non stick spray.
- Combine apples and cranberries with lemon juice, add sugar and stir to evenly coat the fruit. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into a measuring cup, level off. Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and maple syrup with a fork, mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apple mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and apples are tender.
- Serving suggestion, serve warm in shallow bowls with low fat vanilla ice cream.
Yields: 8 servings
Per Serving: 262 Calories; 4g Fat (14.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 36mg Sodium.
Old WWP 5 / New WWPP 7
Nutmeg Notebook Original