Guilt Free Chocolate / 17 Days and Counting

I fully intend to enjoy a little chocolate treat tomorrow on Valentine’s Day. It will be something “light” but yet deliciously chocolate. I use to be a big time chocolate lover, in fact I craved it at times. Chocolate was one of my food groups! That was when I only ate milk chocolate. Then I discovered dark chocolate and a developed a whole new taste for chocolate. A small serving is all it takes to satisfy me since it’s flavor is more intense. Also since the amount of sugar in dark chocolate is less it doesn’t lead me to craving more. Maybe, just maybe, when I use to eat a lot of milk chocolate, it could have been the sugar that I was craving.

I won’t be having either milk or dark chocolate bars tomorrow but I will be indulging in a fabulous low sugar, low fat, low calorie dessert that I will be whipping up for myself and all the while staying on my food plan. Love that!

Is it just me or does that top raspberry have a “heart” shape to it?

A little unsweetened cocoa (Droste brand is my favorite)

A little sweetener.

Some fat free Greek yogurt

All blended together until smooth and creamy.

It’s creamy, dreamy and chocolate!

Add a few raspberries for fun.

It tastes even better when it’s served in a cute tea cup too!

Chocolate Mousse Yogurt

• 6 ounces plain fat free Greek yogurt ( I use Fage brand)
  • 3-5 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa ( I use 5 teaspoons – I like it more intense)
  •  NuNaturals vanilla Stevia drops to taste or sweetener of your choice – Agave or honey would also be great

Put all ingredients in a small bowl and stir, stir and stir until all the cocoa is blended into the yogurt. Transfer to a pretty serving cup. Chill. Add a few fresh raspberries or strawberries and enjoy!

Yield 1 Serving

Nutritional Information (not including berries)

Amount Per Serving; Calories 158.97, Total Fat 3.7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 69.36mg, Total Carbohydrates 22.38g, Fiber 8.96g, Protein 22.53g

Yesterday was day 17 of cycle 1 on the 17 Day Diet! Woo-hoo! Today is day one of cycle 2 and a few more foods are added so I am very excited about that.

This morning I decided to get on the scale so I would be able to keep track of my weight loss for cycle 2. Low and behold I was up a half a pound from Friday! Do I think I gained a half pound of fat back since Friday – no of course not!

We hiked 11 miles in the foothills on Saturday for a total of 5 1/2 hours climbing up and down. Then another 3 miles on Sunday. Both days I had maybe 1200 calories at the end of the day and it was all healthy food. I am sharing this just to show that you can’t go only by what the scale says. I am back into my size 6 jeans and feeling thinner! The scale is only one little measure of our progress and I prefer to go by how I look and how my clothes feel. Today’s numbers on the scale is exactly why I don’t measure all of my success by what it says.

For those of you who are interested, I will try and post about cycle 2 of The 17 Day Diet later this week.

You all have a fabulous Valentine’s Day and enjoy a little treat without going crazy! :)

How often do you weigh yourself?

I go through phases where I sometimes weigh everyday and then sometimes just once a week. Right now I weigh every couple of days.

What a delicious looking dessert & yes, the top raspberry does look like a heart!!
    Meant to post before this but I’ve not felt so good for a few days…started taking Celebrex and found out that I’m allergic to it…not a nice feeling!!! I make it to the Cafe & not much else.

I weigh myself every morning…it is something I have done ever since I joined Weight Watchers.

Congratulations on your size 6 jeans!!

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Sorry you are not feeling well Carol. What a bummer to be allergic to your meds!

Happy Valentine’s Day to you as well!

2. Tish says:

Oh, thank you so much for the chocolate mousse recipe! I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand and will love a chocolate treat. Love your teacup too. I have my grandmother’s teacups. I think it used to be a tradition to give a teacup set when a girl got engaged. I have several different patterns.

You’re really doing great on the exercise. I really want to get back in shape so I can enjoy things like your nice long hike. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nice little bit of trivia about tea cups Tish! I use to collect tea cups – until I ran out of room for anymore. :) I do like to use them though and it can make a cup of tea or little dessert seem so much more special.

It feels so good to exercise right now and I know when the rest of the pounds are gone it will be even easier.

Hang in there with the 17 Day Diet – it works!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

3. Judy says:

Yay! Thanks for posting a chocolate treat for tomorrow! I will just be finishing the first week of cycle 1 of the 17 day diet. Have you ever tried freezing this? Just curious!
    The photo is adorable with the tea cup heart raspberries and the heart hankie!!

Happy week 1 Judy! That’s funny that you asked about freezing the mousse, Katy asked me the same thing! I think it could be frozen but haven’t tried it myself yet.

It really hit the spot for me and with the raspberries it was over the top delicious. Of course remember this is after practically no sugar or treats for 17 days!!!

Thank you for the candle and the hankie – great props for blog photos and that candle smells divine. Hubby Tom doesn’t usually care for the smell of candles but he came in the dining room after I blew it out and asked, “What smells so good?”

Happy Valentine’s Day! <3

4. Jenn @ Cooking Aweigh the Pounds says:

I’m such a sucker for chocolate mousse plus I have all the ingredients for this! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Droste brand cocoa before. I just picked up some more cocoa today and think our selection around here is pretty limited. It’s either Hershey’s or Ghiradelli.

Yay for fitting into your size 6′s again!

Hi Jenn! I usually find the Droste brand of unsweetened cocoa at Cost Plus Imports. Do you have that store where you live? Grocery stores that carry more gourmet type products might also have it but Cost Plus has a better price.

Happy Valentine’s Day! <3

I make this too Tami but mine does not looks as pretty & fancy as yours! ;-)

Congrats on the diet & yes, how clothes fit tells a lot! I weight every day but that is just me. It also proves to e how the scale goes up & down even when the clothes fit BUT with age, I feel I need to use all measures of this cause hormones are not nice! ;-)

Jody and here I am thinking why would Jody need to weigh everyday with as fit as you are! I get that the weight goes on easy with age and every calorie counts.

I’m interested!

Great Karen! I need to get to work on my post. :)

7. Sandy Blaxland says:

Good for you on the total weight loss. And don’t let last weeks gain fool you; you’re still on the right track.

Thanks for the yummy recipe. One of my favorite yogurts is Liberte Mocha — now I can make it myself!

You are welcome. I have never heard of Liberte Mocha, I hope the homemade one is just as good.

I’m not a fan of chocolate yogurt at all. If I have mousse it will be the real thing. Since I’ve started trying to occasionally incorporate some things I will eat on maintenance, I’ve been buying The Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree squares and once in a while I eat just one after dinner. Good enough to save my calories for!

I weigh myself once a week. It would drive me NUTS to see the daily fluctuations.

Variety is the spice of life, isn’t it nice that we don’t all like the same things! Thanks for the heads up about the Ghiradeli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soriee squares – that sounds amazing! I will have to add that to my Grocery IQ App.

It’s actually kind of a neat thing to see how the body weight does flucuate daily. It gives you perspective so if you do only weigh once a week you realize it could just be a fluke that your weight is what it is. On the other hand you do have to be able to handle the ups and downs of it all!

9. The Candid RD (Gina) says:

This is so similar to the recipe I posted yesterday, but mine was with tofu! I think I like the greek yogurt idea better :)
    Happy Valentine’s Day!

10. Renee@Mykitchenadventures says:

This looks like an absolutely perfect way to enjoy chocolate the guilt free way! I love it! :) Happy Valentine’s Day Tami!!

Your chocolate dessert looks & sounds great! The cup is so beautiful, and I think using beautiful dishes really can make a difference as to how satisfied we are with our food.

Hope you are having a nice Valentine’s Day! Looking forward to your next post about the 17 Day Diet!

This is one of my favorite desserts! I especially like it with frozen bananas.

I’m not weighing at all right now, but only because i can’t seem to remember to pick up fresh batteries for my scale. (I debated taking the batteries from the smoke alarm, but decided against it. :))

13. erica @ fashionmeetsfood.com says:

What a beautiful dessert. I definitely need to give this recipe a try! xo