These freeze well and reheat nicely in the microwave. I have made them with low fat feta crumbles and with parmsean cheese. If you don’t have broccoli try some spinach or kale. One of these warmed up with one of my home made Turkey Breakfast Sausages makes for a quick, delicious breakfast.
Broccoli & Sausage Quiche Cups
- 6 eggs , lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces, steamed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Jimmy Dean Hearty turkey breakfast sausage crumbles
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin by spraying with non stick spray, set aside.
2. In a mediums size skillet sprayed with non stick spray saute onions, peppers and mushrooms until soft.
3. Beat eggs and whites together, dd rest of ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine.
4. Fill prepared muffin tin with egg mixture. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet to catch any spillage (I didn’t have any, but better safe than sorry) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until quiche cups are cooked through.
Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 78.09, Total Fat 4.25g, Saturated Fat 1.68g, Cholesterol 104.29mg, Sodium 219.66mg, Potassium 103.76mg,Total Carbohydrates 1.95g, Fiber 0.21g, Sugar 0.84g, Protein 8.15g WWPP 2