Mirror Mirror On The Wall…

…Make me look thin and tall! Don’t you wish it was that easy to transform your body? In fairytale land I would be much taller and thinner and never have a weight problem. In the real world it takes a plan with achievable goals, dedication and discipline to work the plan. Then if you are like me, you need to have patience as the transformation doesn’t happen over night. Gaining weight is so easy, losing weight – not so easy!

Weighing In With Good News & Bad News

As you may have noticed my blog was down for about a 24 hour period late last week do to a server issue. That meant I didn’t get to post my weigh in for week 9 on the 17 Day Diet. Today would be more like week 9 1/2 and I am so happy to say I am down a total of 13.2 pounds! Now this does exceed the 12 pounds I wanted to lose so that is the good news! What then, you might be asking yourself is the bad news? As you well know you don’t get to choose where on your body the weight decides to hop off. I had gained the extra poundage mostly on my lower half but I have lost a great deal of it off my upper body! What’s up with that? Yes, I have lost weight below the waist and the hiking has helped to firm up my legs but I still can’t get into all of my jeans and Capri pants that I had worn at this weight previously.

I know that science says it is more difficult to lose weight off the hips and legs and I am finding that to be true for me this time. The 17 Day Diet food plan is working well for me and I plan to continue doing what I have been doing and perhaps losing a couple more pounds will get me back to looking the way I wish to look and allow those clothes to fit again. Since I am also doing some strength training I might have a little more muscle mass going and that does play with the number on the scale. I am going to keep on keeping on!

We managed to squeeze in a 5 hour, 7 mile hike over the weekend. We covered a lot of elevation and the views were lovely. It was a nice break from the hectic week we had.

Life Is Busy

We are busy with wedding planning around here for daughter Katy. We have been to a Bridal Show, visited numerous ceremony/reception venues, spent hours researching the Internet on how to plan a wedding and are finally narrowing in on a venue and the date for this summer. It’s so exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. :)

Hubby Tom just reminded me this morning that our Wedding Anniversary (33 years) is this Saturday and Easter is Sunday. I haven’t planned anything for either event! Needless to say I don’t have much time for posting on here right now but I will post as time allows.

Mirror Mirror On The Wall … help me, help me - plan it all!

Happy Spring!

1. Jane says:

Oh my gosh – happy anniversary! And I know what you mean about weight loss … if only we could pick where it was removed from! I gain first in my lower half too, and lose in the upper! Gah!!!

Oh my goodness, you do have a busy week ahead!

As you know, I focus more on how my pants fit than I do on the scale number. This is one of those times when that’s a negative. :) All you can do is your best and hope that the pants follow!

CONGRATS on the weight loss & hanging tough! It is hard work so I commend you for this. As we age, it is tougher so I really comment you! :-)

Yes, the good ole lower body! The other thing that does not help is I think you said you were a pear shape so as the upper gets smaller, even though the lower is NOT bigger, it will “appear” bigger due to your body shape & being smaller up top.

Food is the big thing & hopefully with time, the lower half which is the slowest to reduce will get to where you feel comfortable.

I LOVE the hike pic – beautiful!!!

Happy early anniversary! WOW – a long time! Wonderful!

4. Lori says:

Congrats on the weight loss!

I would hit the weights harder and heavier. Stop weighing and use your clothes as a guide and you can really change your body shape that way. (can you tell I am a huge advocate of lifting? LOL).

5. Tish says:

Great going, Tami. I’m playing follow the leader! I agree with Lori and Jody–the lifting will help. We’re off to the gym in a few minutes for our Tuesday night visit.

6. Sandy B says:

Congratulations on the 13+ pounds. That’s a wonderful accomplishment.

Happy Anniversary Tami!!

Happy anniversary!

I find that my body is different at this weight than in the past. For me, my belly is bigger and my butt is smaller! I am still a pear, but things have changed. I think the belly is hormonal (sigh) and the butt is because it has just drooped with age:(

And, yes, it does seem so easy and fast to gain and so hard and slow to lose. I think it probably gets worse each time.

Ditto to all of the above. I put on a dress last week that fit me well at this weight in 2006. It did fit, but it hung differently, so my body has changed in a different way this time. I’m doing considerably more hiking than I was doing at that time which probably has something to do with it. I am so proud of you and can’t help but feel a little happy that I had a part in you discovering this plan.

10. janine says:

Happy happy Anniversary. What a tremendous accomplishment, tami. Your body WILL redistribute a bit after it sits at a particular wt. The way the wt loss comes off is totally normal. I’d heard it put like this a long time ago: it’s like we’re full of water, and the plug is at the bottom–so as it comes off, you notice it at the top first.
    Happy Wedding planning–stressful and exciting all at once.

I think you should be happy with your weight loss – that is a huge accomplishment – and like you, I wish it would go from my middle first – what gives?!

So much exciting stuff going on – happy anniversary!!

12. Renee@Mykitchenadventures says:

Happy Anniversary Tami and Tom!

About the weight loss, I think where you loose and how it comes back has a lot to do with age. That’s my take on it anyway. And what a great job you have done! woo hoo to you!

How exciting with all the wedding plans. Staying busy is sometimes a mixed blessing!

Great job on the weight loss! Glad the eating plan is still working for you!

I love the hiking pic!

Sounds like you are very busy! Enjoy the wedding planning! :)

P.S.: Happy Anniversary!!! :)

Tami!

What is up is we are biologically designed with fat remover genes and fat adding genes. The problem is that the amount of each in every person is not the same in each location. Because of this, we will gain in an area at a different rate then we will lose in the same area. Some people are balanced better than others so they gain and lose the same everywhere, but most do not.

Do you read my blog anymore? ?