White Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies & A Very Berry Dessert

Fresh berries are in season and they are juicy and sweet! I love all kinds of berries but strawberries are at the top of my list. They are perfect on their own but if you wish to take them to the next level, here is a lovely serving suggestion for you. For those of you who would rather be outside having fun instead of in the kitchen cooking you will be happy to know that no cooking is required!

It can’t get any easier than this. Dip the strawberries in a little low fat sour cream then dip in a little brown sugar. It’s the most amazing flavor and you can let your guests dip their own. A little goes a long way and it’s a super fun way to end a casual BBQ.

For those of you who like to bake you have to try my newest creation. I took the already fabulous Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe and used white chocolate chips for half the batch. Delicious!

These cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. I took them to a dinner party last weekend and they were a huge hit! If you are a cookie lover you have to try these.

Dessert doesn’t have to be super sugar charged or high calorie to be satisfying. This would be lovely to serve for Mother’s Day.

Another favorite berry dessert is the super popular Raw Berry Crisp. It’s so fresh, sweet and fabulous and with berry season upon us it’s the perfect dessert. You can add a little scoop of berry sorbet or vanilla frozen yogurt too. Yum!

Nutmeg Notebook

This week flew by for me. I have a ton of things on my to do list today and over the weekend. Many are wedding related. My head is spinning with all things wedding – it has taken over my dreams too!

There has been a Nutmeg Notebook Pinterest pinning explosion for a recipe I posted called Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad. It has been re- pinned hundreds of times – it’s so crazy. It’s one of our favorite warm weather salads so if you haven’t tried it yet be sure to print the recipe and give it a try.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Welcome to all the new subscribers to the blog. I would love it if you would leave me a comment and introduce yourself.

It’s so much fun to connect with you the reader. It’s also fun to know what state you live in. I grew up in Nebraska and hubby Tom and I lived in Iowa for 10 years. We have been in Northern CA for almost 23 years.

Where did you grow up?

Where do you live now?

1. Eileen in CA says:

I am one of those lurkers, love your recipes. Since my DH has decided to lose some weight, I have made this Raw Berry Crisp many times. Everytime he says the same thing, LOVE this, make is again. We took it to Easter, everyone loved it. Keep up this site is one of the best I have seen around for great food.

Hi Eileen and thank you for coming out of lurkdom! I loved hearing that you and hubby enjoy the Raw Berry Crisp. I hope you will leave me a comment
      now and then. I love hearing from my readers. Have a fabulous weekend. :)

I will definitely try that raw berry crisp – and as luck would have it my store has strawberries on sale this week!

I grew up in Oak Park, IL, but now live in the far NW suburbs of Chicago – its an hour and 20 minute train ride to Chicago – I miss all the restaurants I used to walk to when I worked downtown! But I don’t miss the commute! :D

Happy Friday!

Biz we use to live in Davenport Iowa and we would drive over to Chicago for weekends or sometimes even just for the day. There is so much to do and see there! I love it.

You always have the most amazing recipes!!!! LOVE! I pinned & tweeted!

I grew up back east – upper east coast in 4 states & dad moved us to CA when I started high school so I have been here a long long time! ;-)

Thank you for the support and pin and tweet love!

4. The Candid RD (Gina) says:

These all sound wonderful!! And now that you’ve said the salad has been re-pinned hundreds of times..I may have to repin it too :)

You really gotta make it – so delicious!

Very cool on being pinned so many times:)

Thanks Karen!

I don’t bake, but I will put the raw berry crisp on my “list!” Sounds great! And congrats on all the pins!

Hope the wedding planning is fun!

Enjoy the weekend!

7. Renee@Mykitchenadventures says:

those strawberries DO look amazing…I picked up so wonderful strawberries ( so sweet) last week, not many left but I would like to try the dip for them!

Funny about the pins, right? My http://mykitchenadventures1.blogspot.com/2011/01/jiffy-corn-dog-mini-muffins.html have been pinned thousands of times…and thanks to pinterest is the number one hit on my blog of all time….

Born, raised and continue to live in NE Ohio…boring…lol

Renee Ohio isn’t boring – it’s a beautiful state! I will have to check out that recipe. Pinterest is amazing isn’t it?

8. Linda says:

Hi tami,
    Love your site and I check in frequently. I lost 42 lbs on the 17 day diet. I’ve been off the diet for several months now and have kept the weight off. I definitely learned some great ways to eat healthy and stay slim from that diet, and getting new recipe ideas from your site sure helps! I’ve lived in Vermont all my life, love it and would never live anywhere else!

Linda, Congrats on your weight loss success! Great to know you have kept the weight off too – that is the hardest part!

I’m delighted to know that the recipes and ideas are helping you. That makes me so happy. :)

I have always wanted to visit Vermont, the photos look amazing.

9. Elaine says:

Well Go Big Red! I’m a long-time reader, but just today learned of your Nebrasa roots! I actuallly grew up in upstate NY, but have lived in NE for 30+ years. Love your site-thanks for posting your great recipes!

Elaine thanks for leaving me a message! I usually get back to NE once a year in the summer. I love NE!

Happy to know you love the recipes. I hope you will post more often – sounds like we have plenty in common. :)

10. erica @ fashionmeetsfood says:

Oh my goodness this looks so good. I definitely need to make this. xo