The One Minute Pumpkin Muffin

Breakfast is always a struggle for me – I don’t love eggs, cereal or the typical breakfast foods. The first thing I have in the morning are my couple cups of coffee with a little Stevia and some fat free half & half. After that I just need a little something in my tummy before I go for my morning walk or do a weight resistance work out. The individual microwave muffins have been a life saver for me! They are super easy to mix up, make one huge single serving muffin, are full of protein and fiber and they don’t break the calorie bank! An added bonus is that you only make one so there aren’t a bunch of leftovers tempting you to eat more.

Thanks to Lori @Finding Radiance for the 1 Minute Muffin recipe! Lori has a few different versions of the 1 Minute Muffin on her blog so be sure and check them all out to find your favorite.

This picture doesn’t do the muffin justice. It was made in a bowl that holds 10 ounces and it nearly filled it to the top. It’s a meal all on it’s own with all that protein and fiber – it’s huge and oh so filling!

Pumpkin 1 Minute muffin

•  1/4 cup flax meal
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp of canned pumpkin

Mix ingredients well in a small bowl. Microwave for 80 seconds. Eat and enjoy!

Yield: 1 muffin

195 calories, 13.5 grams of fat, 10 g of carbs, 8.5 g of fiber, 12 g of protein, WWPP 5

Recipe from Lori@Finding Radiance.

How was your Mother’s Day? I had a very peaceful, quiet day spent with hubby Tom. The college kids were on campus studying for their finals this week. I will celebrate with them when this week is over. We had our usual morning coffee and then we went for a short hike.

It was a beautiful morning and the views were fabulous.

We have no idea what kind of trees have these blooms but they were awesome.

We stopped by the Newcastle Produce Deli-Store. It’s always fun to browse their produce, gourmet food selection, wines and treats.

The displays are eye catching so I had to capture some of them with my iPhone camera.

Hubby Tom didn’t even know I took this photo.

My mom makes Peppernuts and this is the first time I have ever seen them in a store. This bag says they taste like ginger but my moms have anise in them and taste a little bit like licorice – yummy.

This was the best looking rhubarb I have seen in a long time. It will be made into some of my fabulous Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce to have over Greek yogurt or home made Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. We also got some of those delicious watermelon radishes for salads, sun-dried tomatoes and some special chocolates.

The day included a little chocolate which always makes it a good day. Actually my parents sent me these chocolate covered apple wedges and strawberries on Friday so my celebration started early. I shared them with the family so don’t think I ate all of this myself! Thanks Mom and Dad! We ate lunch at a restaurant that had outdoor seating and it was perfect weather for that. I made it through the day without doing any housework, cooking or cleaning – yippee!

This is a photo of me with my mom! Not only is she an awesome mom but she is also a best friend. We can bend each others ear, solve all of the worlds problems over the phone and never run out of things to say. I love you mom! Hey you should have saved those clothes – they are back in style again.

Enjoy your day!

Leave me a comment and show me a little love!

How did you celebrate Mother’s Day?

Do you like rhubarb?

What’s going to be cooking at your house this week?

I will be cooking a lot of fish and salads this week. I have a mountain of fresh produce to use up and a freezer full of fish.

Lori is good at breakfast recipes! I have yet to try one of those muffins but I really need to, especially with your ringing endorsement.

After seeing this post, I think I want a rewind on my Mother’s Day. While I did take a couple hours to be with my mom, it was mostly full of grocery shopping and prepping food for this week. Lots of vegetable prep and making sure all my salad ingredients were ready to just throw together. No excuse for not getting right back on track :)

Lori has the bets recipes over there along with you!!! Two different styles which is great for us out here in blog land! :-)

LOVE your pics! That store looks so cute!!! And the one with your mom – priceless!!!!

You look beautiful in the present day pic!!!

Thank you Jody!

3. Lori says:

Gahhh! Those strawberries! I would eat every one of these :D

Glad you like the 1-minute muffin variation. I didn’t invent the recipe, but I have played around with it and quite enjoy the different variations. It is certainly filling.

For mother’s day, we took my mom out for ice cream because that is what she wanted!

Lori I love the pumpkin version since it’s lower in fat and I love anything pumpkin. :)

I love that picture of you and your Mom!! And wowza, those are some big strawberries!

I spent the day with my Mom and daughter – it was a ton of fun!

Glad you had a nice Mother’s Day Biz and yes they were super sized berries.

5. Jane says:

I am the exact opposite – I love all breakfast foods! That store also looks like a place I would love – looks like a good day!

Too funny that we are opppsites on breakfast!

Since we are not at home, no one is cooking at our house right now. But hubby Bill is doing most of the cooking on our trip. He loves to cook and once school is out and he has the time, he’ll do most of the cooking.

We talked with both our mothers yesterday for quite sometime and then took a long bike ride here in the Lake George area of New York.

I am so excited to get to meet Lori tomorrow morning, so I get to thank her IN PERSON for that fabulous one-minute muffin recipe that has also been a lifesaver for me!

You are so lucky to get to meet Lori! Have fun and post all about it. :)

I still haven’t tried that specific recipe (not a huge fan of pumpkin), but I’ve tried similar versions in other flavors. I like most breakfast foods, but it’s nice to have something different (and easy) now and then.

I would enjoy that store. We have something similar here, and while I rarely purchase anything, I do get ideas. :)

8. Judy says:

Tami you look amazing!! Love that blouse you are wearing!! Of course the chocolate looks good –nice gift idea! You are right– your mom is pretty awesome!! Love the old photo of you as a tot!!
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way!!

Wow, thanks for the pat on the back Judy! The top was one of the things I bought for myself for Mother’s Day. I had myself a little shopping spree that was so much fun!
      Thanks for the love and hugs – I feel the love. :)

9. The Candid RD (Gina) says:

Great recipe! I can’t wait to try this.
    This week on the menu is turkey meatballs with whole wheat pasta, and then some spinach and cheese calzones.

I love turkey meatballs – great idea and I might make some to have with penne pasta! Yum!

Chocolate covered strawberries is one of my very favorite foods!

Me too Karen!

11. ann says:

I had a great Mother’s Day. Love the pic of you and mom. This week we’re having turkey tacos and we had some chicken left overs I’m using for lunches. I’ve never really had rhubarb.

12. Carla says:

The tree blossom looks like it might be from a buckeye tree. Do they have a kind of grape Kool-Aid scent? (That’s how it was described to me once, and when I sniffed again, I was totally taken back to hot summer childhood days drinking that awful stuff!)

I just discovered your site and it looks like it will be lots of fun to catch up on. Plus, my sister lives in Newcastle and I’ve been to Newcastle produce many times with her, so I’ll be looking for other fun places to go in the area.

Hi Carla! Thanks for introducing yourself. I don’t remember what the flowers smelled like but they were very fragrant! That little store in Newcastle is a gem! Hope to hear more from you. :)