Be forewarned that there isn’t anything healthy about this pie recipe! My son in law has a major sweet tooth so for Thanksgiving I made this pie with him in mind. Since we also had a delicious healthy pumpkin pie to sample I cut our pie servings in half. Half a serving of this is just right – it’s so rich and over the top delicious. It has to be the best pecan pie I have ever eaten and I usually don’t like pecan pie so that is saying a lot.
My crust seemed to lose it’s shape as it baked but it didn’t affect how decadent this pie was.
If you have any pecan pie fans in your family make this version for them. They will thank you for every sweet delicious bite. Make them promise to eat healthy at the very next meal!
Caramel Pecan Pie
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 36 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) In a saucepan over low heat, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool until filling is firm.
Yield: 16 small slices
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 264.67,Total Fat 15.29g, Saturated Fat 4.09g, Cholesterol 44.4mg, Sodium 146.22mg, Potassium 127.98mg, Carbohydrates 30.36g,Fiber 1.24g, Sugar 22.54g, Protein 3.84g WWPP 7
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.com
Well like the rest of the world I sat and watched the news reports of the school shootings in horror. I can’t wrap my head around how someone can commit such evil acts.
I subscribe to Brene Brown’s newsletter and she included the following in yesterdays email;
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” Mr. Rogers
I’m glad you found my blog and hope you feel comfortable enough to leave a comment.