My Own Favorite Recipes From 2012 Part One of Three

Recently I shared the Top 12 Viewed Recipes from 2012 in this post. Those were the recipes that you the readers looked at the most. This time around I’m sharing my own favorite recipes from the past year. It was tough to narrow it down from the 85 new recipes that were posted last year. I tried many more new recipes but those 85 were the ones worthy of posting about. There were flops along the way, dishes we didn’t care for, some that needed more tweaking and others that had no hope! Although all recipes I posted were worthy of sharing, as I went back through last years recipes I jotted down no less than 30 that were standouts. I know, shocking right? As hard as I tried to narrow it down to only 12 it just couldn’t be done. Notta – no way – not going to happen! Okay what can I say other than, we love a good meal.

Now remember this is just ten of my favorites from the new recipes posted last year.

This is Part One of Three - favorite recipe posts!

Roasted Eggplant Spread

A good place to start are my favorite appetizer recipes which have to include this Barefoot Contessa’s recipe for Roasted Eggplant Spread. It’s also perfect in a wrap, on a sandwich or smeared over a cooked fish fillet or piece of chicken.

Indian Layered Dip

Although the ingredients are unique this Indian Six-Layer Dip has been a huge hit among my friends.

Baked Polenta Fries

Baked Polenta Fries served with marinara for dipping. The crowd went wild for these.

Santa Fe Chicken Slow Cooker

One of the most delicious meals to come out of my slow cooker this past year Santa Fe Chicken.

Polenta Tamale Pie

Continuing with the Mexican theme is this super fast and easy Polenta Tamale Pie.

Classic Crab Cakes

Classic Crab Cakes are on the menu again this week. Fabulous and so low calorie.

Roasted Garlic Chicken & Potato Foil Packs

Foil pack meals are easy to prep and this Roasted Garlic Chicken & Potato Foil Pack is fantastic.

Jacque Pepin Vinaigrette

My friend Linda shared this simple but delicious Jacque Pepin Vinaigrette recipe that enhances but doesn’t over shadow the flavor of your salad.

Chia Jam   Chia Jam is a delicious fruit jam made in minutes in a microwave. Super low calorie, low sugar and yummy!

Chocolate Mousse Yogurt

This is a favorite treat of mine that I call Chocolate Mousse Yogurt. It’s definitely a healthy treat – so if you are coming off a high sugar and fat diet it might not taste that good to you. If you haven’t had any sugary treats for a while it’s decadent!

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post with your awesome ideas for future posts. It helped me get the creative juices flowing again and I’m brainstorming (did you see smoke?) topics, recipes and creative posts based on your suggestions. There will be much to look forward to in the weeks to come here on Nutmeg Notebook.

On The Road Again

Watch out as I am on the road again! That’s right, I drove my car yesterday for the first time in almost six weeks post foot surgery. As we drove down the road I yelled out “Independence”! The drive wasn’t long or far, just over to REI with hubby Tom to get a couple new gadgets – which will be revealed in a post real soon. My foot did well. Although it was a short drive just the pressure of braking and wearing a shoe did make my foot sore but that is to be expected. This is progress and I am grateful for it.

We had lunch at Chipotle – I had the salad with chicken, black beans, veggies, fresh and medium salsa- super healthy and oh so filling. Chipotle is our go to fast food if we are out and about and need a quick meal.

Goals For The Week

This week I decided to do a little post surgery goal setting to help me feel healthier. They aren’t huge goals but rather small milestones on my road to recovery. Each baby step counts!

1. Cook two new healthy recipes that I bought ingredients for. (We need some new eats – one is a breakfast recipe)

2. Spend more time on my feet and less time sitting. (As my foot allows of course)

3. Take my vitamins everyday. (I think there is a reminder app for the iPhone for this – I will check that out)

4. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. (It’s so much more difficult to do this during the winter months)

Make it a healthy week!

I’m glad you are here and hope you will leave a comment and share your thoughts.

Have you tried any of my favorite recipes from last year?

How about sharing some weekly goals with me?

Next Monday I will let you know how I did on my goals and if you want to, you can let me know how you did with yours!

Hip Hip Hooray for progress!!!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! Yahoo for driving & more mobility! Don’t overdo though! :)

OK, did you say you were going to cook for me??? I am waiting for you to do the cooking & have your own show or YouTube channel! :)

I think those goals are manageable for you!!! Me – just making it thru right now – :)

I wish I could cook for you Jody! But then most it isn’t on your food plan!:)

3. Lori says:

I can see why these were the most visited recipes! They look delicious!

Congrats on driving again. That freedom has to feel pretty darn good :D

Indeed it does!

4. Michele R says:

Tami – Great to hear you are driving again! How awesome for you!!! I love that you are posting YOUR favorites! The Santa Fe Chicken was definitely one of mine! I am excited to try some of your other favorites!

Thank you Michele , driving again is going to make a huge difference in my attitude!

Please be sure to let come back and let me know what recipes you try.

Happy cooking!

5. Renee@Mykitchenadventures says:

This is a great list Tami! I was thinking of doing a list of my favs as well..but time is short for me these days. I would really really like a break with some free time I could devote to my blog rather than feeling guilty that I haven’t had a chance to put up a new post or read my favorite blogs…which has also been on the back burner lately…sigh. It will come.

Anyway, how great you have gained back some semi independence! yay!

Renee don’t waist time feeling guilty about your blog right now. You are busy with family stuff and that is so much more important. The blog and your readers will be here when you have to time to post again!

Thanks for your top 12!! I missed a few, especially that salad dressing!

Hooray for independence! And to answer your question, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t sub in whole wheat flower for the naan recipe. :D

Hugs!

Thanks Biz. I will put your naan recipe in my to try pile!

Sooo happy for you!!!

All dishes look & sound great!

Thank you Andrea! :)

8. Veronica says:

I remember many of those great recipes and still have some of them pinned to try. (Confession: I’m a recipe collector…only a small percentage get made. :( ) Your chocolate mousse is SO FLIPPIN EXCITING for me! I’m on the 17 Day Diet again (yayy so happy about that, feeling great!) so that might be our v-day treat. I just found a lemon yogurt mousse recipe in the latest Food Network mag and it sounds FABULOUS! You have to check it out: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/lemon-yogurt-mousse-recipe/index.html# (I’m hoping I can sub stevia for the sugar but it might mess with the texture)

I had to laugh at your reply Veronica, I too am a recipe collector! I came up with the chocolate yogurt last year for a Valentine’s Day treat because I had started the 17 Day Diet! I have enjoyed it many times since then. That lemon dessert does look good but I am afraid it won’t turn out so well without sugar! Let me know if you try it with Stevia.

9. MizFit says:

back to steal more recipes and SO SO GLAD YER HEALING!!