Top 12 Recipes of 2012

Happy New Year! It wouldn’t be right to slide right into 2013 without a glance back at a few of the things that took place in 2012. Just for fun I took a look at my blog statistics for the past year to see which recipes you all looked at the most. Everything from salads to caramel chocolate dipped pretzel rods caught your attention.

Chipotle Chicken Salad

The Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad has been the most looked at recipe being viewed over 400,000 times as well as the most pinned recipe to Pinterest from Nutmeg Notebook! It’s the recipe that has brought many of you to this blog for the first time. It’s a family favorite, holds up well and is filling and delicious.

I don’t know if it’s my computer, lack of technical ability or an issue with WordPress  but I can’t seem to get photos from my archives to load properly. So instead of a photo of each of the top 12 recipes I will have to acquiesce to links only for the remaining 11. Yesterday I attempted to get this post published but finally I got so frustrated with technical difficulties that I had to walk away from it! When I came back to work on it today things seemed to be going a little bit better.

Melt In Your Mouth Italian Sausages

Steamed Shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning

Sausage Cheese Egg Muffins

Bacon & Egg Cheddar Cups

Cheesy Quinoa Burgers

Mexican Shredded Pork Tacos

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

Caramel Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

Roasted Red Kuri Squash

Whole Wheat Beer Bread

The two most popular non recipe pages happen to be the Trader Joe’s Shopping List and The Healthy Lunch Box Post.

Saying goodbye to 2012 would not be complete without sharing the highlight of our year and that of course was our daughter Katy’s August wedding to her sweetheart Esau. It’s a treat to go back and look at the photos. What a fun day!

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (427 of 706) (640x524)

Katy & Esau

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (190 of 706) (640x427) (2)

Three generations. Grandma Jan, Katy and Tami.

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (214 of 706) (427x640)

Katy looking up at her little brother David.

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (197 of 706) (640x427)

I love this photo.

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (207 of 706) (640x427)

Hubby Tom with his little girl.

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (181 of 706) (640x427)

Our Family

08.11.2012 _ Katy + Esau _ Wedding (655 of 706) (640x427)

Looking forward to the future.

Wishing you all a blessed New Year. May it be filled with all the joy and wonder that life has to offer.

I’m glad you are here and hope you will leave a comment.

What was a highlight of 2012 for you?

What are you most looking forward to in 2013?

I am most looking forward to my foot healing and getting back to daily walks and weekend hikes!

1 ping

1. Michele R says:

Happy New Year! I just love your Top 12 of 2012 because now I have some new recipes to go try! (The ones I made and love didnt make it in the Top 12!) Hope your foot continues to heal and that you are getting better each day! Wishing you a wonderful 2013!

Happy Cooking Michele! It’s fun to have some new recipes to add to the menu – kind of shakes things up a bit. I should post my favorite recipes from this past year. The ones posted here were the ones that were looked at the most by blog readers. Thank you for the well wishes. Each day brings me closer to being back to normal.

Happy New Year to you and your family. :)

Happy New Year Tami! What beautiful pics & always amazing recipes!!!!

Yes, foot healing for you!

I have a few things but the most important is to find a job & make some money but I want it to be something I want to get up to.. always a challenge when ya NEED a job! ;)

Wishing you all the best as you job hunt this year Jody. I pray that you find your dream job! :)

Happy New Year!

Hope you’ll be back to your walks and hikes soon!

The wedding pics are beautiful!

Thank you Andrea! I can’t wait to be back to driving, walking and hiking! Happy New Year!

4. Veronica says:

Happy new year Tami! I had to pin those sausages, now I’m craving them! Love turkey Italian sausage. Boy, your son is TALL! Wow, he got ALL the tall genes he could steal! lol. How tall is he? (sorry I’m a nosy person-lol) Love those pics from the wedding, your family is beautiful.

Those slow cooker sausages are delicious! David is a little over 6’3″ tall! Nearly a foot taller than me – it’s amazing! He did get all the tall genes. :)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Lovely photos, Tami! The one of you and your daughter is very special.

Still wishing you a speedy and event-free recovery!

Thank you Cammy – the photo of the two of us is one of my favorites! Thank you for the recovery well wishes. Recovery is slow but steady. :)

Happy New Year Tami! Looking forward to more great recipes from your notebook in 2013.

Happy New Year to you Helen! Thank you for all of the support this past year! :)

7. Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats says:

How did I miss that salad!!!! Looks delicious.

Hope you give the salad a try Ally! It sure has been popular. :)

8. janine says:

Loved looking back at the photos from the wedding, Each one was special for a different reason–but I always love seeing all the generations together.
    That salad is one I’ve made and we all enjoyed it. Made lots of your recipes, in fact. I’m so glad each day is bringing you more healing–and 2013 will bring you a return to your happy and active life.

9. Renee@Mykitchenadventures says:

You have a gorgeous family and what wonderful memories from the year!

Loved the top 12…even without the pics. Highlights the best of the best and sometimes there is a great recipe maybe we missed along the way!

Happy New Year to you and your family Tami! May you all be blessed with health and happiness in the upcoming year! Cheers!

Thank you for your friendship and blog support this past year Renee! I hope one day that we get to meet up. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Wishing you a year filled with bliss, good recipes and health!

Loved this recap! I love that picture of Katy with her brother – its weird too – my brother is six feet tall, and me and my sister are only 5.2″!!

My only hope for 2013 is for my husband to stay healthy – no more hospital stays in 2013 (and after!!)

My side of the family are all on the shorter side. Hubby Tom’s on the other hand have height! That is strange that your brother is so tall and you and your sis are so short! I would love to have a few more inches of height – it would even my weight! Just sayin!

11. Laurie says:

Just found your site and I love it. I especially am excited to try the top viewed recipes. I love to try new things on my kids and they always seem to be good sports.

Hi Laurie and welcome to Nutmeg Notebook. How nice that your children are open to trying new foods! It makes cooking so much easier. I had one adventurous eater and one picky eater! Happy Cooking. :)

12. Laurie says:

Would love to get YOUR top recipes for the year too.

Hi again Laurie!

I was thinking about doing a list of my favorite recipes from last year just haven’t taken the time to go back and look through the 2012 recipe posts to do that yet. Maybe in the next week or so I can get that done. Thanks for prodding me to do so! :)

13. claire says:

Beautiful, beautiful pictures of your daughter’s wedding. My daughter was married on Oct 7, 2012.
    Let me say, that you looked wonderful. Your hair was absolutely beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you and yours. Claire

Thank you Claire! :) I loved my hair, my hairdresser came to our house at 7:00 am to do our hair – bless her heart. It was a near perfect day. Congratulations on your daughters wedding and blessings to the newlyweds.

1. My Own Favorite Recipes From 2012 Part One of Three » Nutmeg Notebook says:

[...] I shared the Top 12 Viewed Recipes from 2012 in this post. These were the recipes that you the readers looked at the most. This time around I’m sharing [...]