Lasagna is a huge comfort food for many people including my family. This fabulous Lasagna recipe is my most requested meal when the family is getting together anytime of year. They love it. I make it for Christmas, birthdays, Mother’s and Father’s Day. It feeds a crowd and is filling without making you feel stuffed. Two of the three grandchildren can’t get enough of it – when we serve it they go crazy for it. That makes me so happy! They don’t care that it’s healthy or plant based – they just know it tastes good.
Like I always say good food is good food – it just so happens that my good food is also whole food plant based and healthy. If it tastes good they will clamor for more!
This is an easy recipe but I won’t say it’s quick. I make my own delicious Classic Marinara, creamy Basil Tofu Ricotta Filling with Spinach and a lovely Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle for the top. I like to make the components the day before and them assemble it the day I want to bake it. You can of course buy jars of marinara if you wish and that eliminates one step. You can assemble it up to 24 hours ahead before baking it. That can also be a time management lifesaver.
It’s worth the extra effort to go for the homemade Classic Marinara and Basil Tofu Ricotta with Spinach for a fabulous lasagna that happens to be the best plant based lasagna I have made. Don’t forget the Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle.
Lasagna needs a nice crisp green salad to serve with it and if you don’t like Caesar Dressing my new Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe is perfect with this meal as well.
If a full pan of lasagna is too much for you – simply cut the recipe in half and bake it in an 8 inch pan. It works well and will feed 4 hungry adults!
A nice deep casserole dish perfect for a pan of lasagna.
We made a short video for you showing you exactly how to assemble this easy lasagna recipe. I think you will be pleased with how quickly it goes together once you have all the components ready.
Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
- Lasagna Pan or a deep 9 x 13 baking dish
- Make a batch of tofu ricotta with basil, faux parmesan, and marinara or buy store bought. These can be made 1-2 days ahead of assembling the lasagna.
- In a small skillet over medium heat sauté the mushrooms and garlic – using a tablespoon or two of water to keep it from sticking. When mushrooms are cooked remove from pan and set them aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a lasagna pan or a deep 9 x 13 inch baking dish – pour one cup of marinara in the bottom of the pan.
- The next layer will be 4 of the Barilla No Boil Gluten Free Lasagna noodles spread with half of the tofu ricotta filling. I find it easiest to hold each noodle in my hand and individually spread the tofu ricotta on them and then place the noodles in the prepared baking dish. Top the tofu ricotta noodles with half of the cooked mushroom and garlic mixture. Pour one cup of marinara over the top and repeat this step again. See the video to watch me make the layers.
- When you have completed the second layer of tofu ricotta covered noodles and covered them with mushrooms and a cup of marinara – place a layer of just plain noodles over the top and pour all of the remaining marinara over the top layer of plain noodles.
- Cover baking pan with aluminum foil and seal the edges tightly. Place baking pan in the preheated oven and set the timer for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes remove the foil and sprinkle Vegan Faux Parmesan Sprinkle over the top – how much is up to your personal preference. Put baking dish back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let lasagna sit for about 10 minutes after removing from oven before you try to cut and serve it. Sprinkle fresh basil over the top if desired.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs. This page contains affiliate links.
Nutmeg Notebook Online Courses
Use Discount Code nutmeg30 to save 30% on our courses at check out.
We invite you to purchase this course to learn all about the “What, When, Why, and How” of batch cooking, to support your quest to live a healthy, whole food, plant based life style. The course contains a 100 page eBook & course guide that includes over 50 of Tami’s recipes. There are 10 lesson modules containing 32 videos, totaling over 15 hours of comprehensive instruction. Tami will cover batch cooking concepts, techniques, and strategies, as well as specific recipe demonstrations.
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and hers) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.