Tofu scramble is so much easier to make on a sheet pan in the oven instead of a skillet on a stove. Especially if you cook with out oil. This tofu scramble is so flavorful, easy to make and uses simple ingredients. Firm tofu, red bell pepper, jalapeno, green onions, black beans and some delicious seasonings turn this into an amazing entree. It is so versatile and can be enjoyed for breakast lunch or dinner. Feel free to customize to your liking and to change up some of the ingredients depending on what you have on hand. It will be one of your go to recipes.
It gets that lovely yellow color from ground turmeric and truly looks like a breakfast scramble. You can change the beans and use garbanzo beans if you wish or leave them out all together. I like to add a little red bell pepper and green onions but you could use red onions and mushrooms instead. Recipes are just ideas and you can feel free to play with the ingredients and transform it into something that is perfect for you.
As you can see it makes a large amount which is perfect for batch cooking or feeding a crowd. I first learned about sheet pan tofu scramble from our friends Reeb’s and Dillon, from Well Your World. This is my twist on their fabulous idea.
You can serve it many different ways. If I batch prep it for the week I like to heat it up or serve it cold over a chopped salad. Use my Vegan Ranch Dressing on the greens or your favorite flavored vinegar. It is such a treat to eat it like this!
The guys in my family like it as a breakfast burrito all wrapped up in a warm torilla. Add some salsa, a few slices of avocado and some sprouts or microgreens. It can become breakfast, lunch or dinner tacos with soft corn tortillas, drizzle with a little Chipotle Nacho Cheese Sauce or a store bought or Homemade Salsa.
I look forward to hearing how you decide to enjoy this Sheet Pan Tofu Scramble. Let me know in the comments.
Use Code NUTMEG When Ordering JOI Nut Milk Bases
Sheet Pan Tofu Scramble
- 1 16 ounce firm tofu, drained but not pressed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, inclduing the green tops, sliced
- 1 japapeno seeded, finely diced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chiptole chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat,.
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain off the water, no need to press it. Over a large bowl break up the tofu with your hands or use a fork to break it apart so it looks kind of like scrambled eggs.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and stir until it is well incorporated. Spread it out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is lightly browned and the peppers are soft.
- This can be batch prepped and kept in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Excellent choice for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Serve with our sheet pan breakfast potatoes, breakfast sausages, a little salsa, waffles with blueberry sauce, fresh fruit and hot tea. Add some greens like baby spinach or power greens to the top of the scramble.
- Can be rolled up in a large tortillas for a break fast burrito along with some of the sheet pan breakfast potatoes. Or make tacos with some Chipotle Nacho Cheese Sauce and some fresh cilantro. Crisp some corn tortillas in an air fryer and make tofu scramble tostadas with some salsa.
- Top a chopped salad with warm or cold tofu scramble for a flavorful lunch or dinner.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs. This page contains affiliate links.
Nutmeg Notebook Online Courses
We invite you to purchase this course to learn all about the “What, When, Why, and How” of batch cooking, to support your quest to live a healthy, whole food, plant based life style. The course contains a 100 page eBook & course guide that includes over 50 of Tami’s recipes. There are 10 lesson modules containing 32 videos, totaling over 15 hours of comprehensive instruction. Tami will cover batch cooking concepts, techniques, and stratagies, as well as specific recipe demonstrations.
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties.
Be sure to check out our Amazon Affiliate Page where we share many of our favorite small kitchen appliances, kitchen tools, food products and books. Nutmeg Notebook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program that is designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and her’s) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping.