Are you ready to try something extraordinary that involves hummus? This isn’t any kind of regular hummus it is garlic hummus, but not just any garlic – it’s roasted garlic. Roasting the garlic takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness. Roasting mellows out the garlic and makes it all buttery, smooth and creamy. We are taking this incredible hummus and dressing it up even more. It’s an epic 4 layer dip that is a party for the mouth! This is a party worthy dish for sure, but you can scale it down for cozy group of two. Tom and I sometimes have it for our dinner.
A board style presentation has become quite the trendy thing as of late. So let’s go with the flow and make a stunning vegan hummus board to wow our friends and family. If you have a nice looking wood cutting board you can use it, or a pretty platter, will also work. The one shown in these photos, is a board I made for just the two of us. We ate it as our dinner and it was fabulous. You can make a larger one to feed a crowd.
We are going to layer the hummus on the board first. Spread it out to about 1/2 inch thick. Our second layer is oven roasted sweet potatoes with a little red onion and some warm spices. I like Chipotle Chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and some lemon juice. This beautiful live edge presentation board is from Holland Bowl Mill see the link below.
The third layer is the Creamy Lemon Dill Dressing which pairs well with the other flavors we have going on. If you are more of Vegan Ranch Dressing fan that would work too. Just drizzle enough of it to suit your personal taste preferences. You won’t be using all of this just some of it. However, you will find lots of other ways to enjoy this scrumptious dressing.
We are not done yet! The finale, is a beautiful tomato topping, made with sweet little tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper. It is the crowning touch for both flavor, texture and color! This is perfect for a Super Bowl party, holidays, picnics, pot lucks, and a casual dinner for the family on movie night.
Let’s round out our board with a variety of vegetable dippers and starches. The usual raw carrots chips, cucumber slices and endive are lively choices. Thin slices of toasted, Pacha gluten free bread is a fabulous base for this layered hummus dip. I toasted the bread in my Breville. Mary’s Gone Crackers are made from seeds and add some crunch to the board. They can be purchased at grocery stores, Costco and health food stores. It’s easy to air fry potatoes to use for dips. I sliced raw gold potatoes and air fried them in my Breville Smart Oven Air at 400 degrees, until golden brown. The Japanese sweet potatoes were baked first, cooled then sliced and air fried at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I include an appetizer spreader with the board so the dip can be spread on the softer items like the potatoes.
We love our BOV900BSS, We use it every day!
This round serving board is also from Holland Bowl Mill. To complete this recipe you will need two additional recipes. Please note that if not a fan of garlic just leave it out of the hummus you will still have a delicious dip. Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus
Creamy Lemon Dill Dressing is used as one the layers in this dip. You won’t use all of it for this hummus board. You will love it as a dressing for your salads too. If you would prefer to use my Vegan Ranch Dressing instead of Creamy Lemon Dill, I think that would work good too.
Roasted Garlic Hummus Board
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika – use more if you like spicy
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder – use more if you like spicy
- 1/2 tsp salt substitute
- 2 tbsp aquafaba or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice – maybe more if it looks dry during baking
- 1 cup little salad tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half multi colored add more color
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or use all parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt or salt substitute to taste
Hummus & Dressing
- Make the Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus and the Creamy Lemon Dill Dressing – can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator in covered containers.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine sweet potatoes, onion, seasonings, aquafaba or broth and lemon juice, stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared pan and place in preheated oven. Roast for 35 minutes or until tender. Check half way through and add more broth, aquafaba or lemon juice if potatoes appear to be dry.
- Remove from oven when tender and set aside to cool. These can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator in a container with a lid.
- Combine all tomato topping ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
Creating A Hummus Board
- Once you have chosen your board or platter, gather all of the prepared ingredients. Build the board just prior to serving it.
- Layer 1: Using a spatula spread out the amount of hummus you need based on the amount of people you are serving. Spread the hummus about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick. You can make a hummus board for a group or a cozy party for 2.
- Layer 2: Using a spoon, spread the roasted potatoes over the top of the hummus being careful to not spill over the edge of the hummus layer. Keep it looking neat.
- Layer 3: Using a spoon drizzle the lemon dill dressing over the sweet potatoes – not completely covering them up. You can always serve more dressing on the side so people can add more if they desire.
- Layer 4: Using a slotted spoon, spoon the tomato herb mixture evenly over the other layers. Keep it neat and tidy for a pretty presentation.
Veggie Dippers, Crackers & More
- If your board or platter is large enough arrange your veggie dippers, crackers, and air fried potato slices, artfully around the hummus. If your board or platter isn't large enough, place everything in bowls or on another platter. Be sure to set out an appetizer spreader, so guests can put some dip on their appetizer plate.When I make this for 2 of us, we enjoy it for two days in a row. The ingredients stand up just fine in the fridge. I layer just enough for one meal at a time.
Get Healthy Stay Healthy One Meal At A Time
Please note that we partner with affiliate platforms where commission may be earned based on clicks and or purchases – all at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help bloggers like me to fund the free content that we provide on our blogs. This page contains affiliate links.
Nutmeg Notebook Online Courses
Use Discount Code nutmeg30 to save 30% on our courses at check out.
We invite you to purchase this course to learn all about the “What, When, Why, and How” of batch cooking, to support your quest to live a healthy, whole food, plant based life style. The course contains a 100 page eBook & course guide that includes over 50 of Tami’s recipes. There are 10 lesson modules containing 32 videos, totaling over 15 hours of comprehensive instruction. Tami will cover batch cooking concepts, techniques, and strategies, as well as specific recipe demonstrations.
Tami Kramer’s Beautiful Chopped Salad Course includes a complete full color 40+ page recipe PDF eBook and 12 instructional videos. In the course Tami will teach you how to batch prep salads, what to shop for, and tips to ensure that your stored salads will last for a week. She will share different methods for chopping salads, and all the details about how she tops these beauties.
We are also Holland Bowl Mill Affiliates. The 15 inch Holland Bowl Mill Cherry fruit bowl has a permanent home on our kitchen island. It’s beautiful and useful. The heart shaped bowl makes me happy – I love everything heart shaped! We use our 15 inch Beechwood & cherry bowl (his and hers) to chop our salads everyday. Eating a salad for one meal every day helped me lose weight and become a size 4. I still eat a salad for one meal a day but now it’s a Big Beautiful Chopped salad and it helps me stay a size 4! See the Chopped Salad Blog Post to find out how you can incorporate a chopped salad into your daily food plan and how you can get a free mezzaluna knife with your Holland Bowl salad bowl order when you use our Holland Bowl affiliate link as well as free engraving and free shipping